Organization is often a difficult task; however for areas of your life like work, school and important activities, it’s essential. It’s not always the easiest, but there’s a few ways to make everything in your life look and feel better!
- Make your bed. Studies have shown that those who make their bed early in the morning have a boosted mood and feel more organized throughout the day. You’ll feel neat and tidy before you even begin your day!
- Take it one task at a time. Try not to juggle too many tasks at once. Because when this happens, it’s easy to lose track of your tasks and some might go unfinished. Try making a to-do list and checking things off as you go.
- Use the waiting periods. Sitting in the dentist office for your appointment? Use those 15 minutes to call someone you needed to, or jot down a few things you might need to do later. Those minutes will add up faster than you think!
- Don’t be a hoarder. The more clutter you have, the more chaotic you’ll feel. Keeping space for breathing room allows you to relax.
- Use a calendar. Especially with smart phones these days, writing in a calendar has become very easy. Try using Google Calendar to organize any events or dates you need to know. You can adjust the settings so it will automatically remind you when something is coming up!
- Clear your email. Try to minimize the amount of emails you have. Sort them into folders, or go back and eliminate those that are no longer relevant.
- Have a paperwork system. There’s absolutely nothing worse than having papers strewn out all over the place. Stack a filing cabinet with folders, or organize everything virtually with Google Drive. There are also a ton of great apps out there that help with organizing different aspects of your life. It will help you compartmentalize your mind and feel stress free!
- Sleep. We can’t stress this enough. A lot of people assume they’ll get more done if they stay up late, but truth is it’ll make you unproductive the next day after sleep deprivation.
You know what else also helps you feel more organized! Great furniture to work on! RandMOffice.com has a huge variety of refurbished office furniture. We’re in the Sacramento, CA and serve a wide range of clients! Feel free to give us a call at (916) 362-1756 or visit us on our website for a full list of what we offer. You can also check us out on Facebook for company updates, office life tips and more!