It might just be us, but it seems as if exhaustion at work happens all too often. It seems difficult to focus, and the days seem to drag. Good thing we have a solution! Here’s a few quick tips for staying energized at work…without caffeine!
- Listen to music! Listening to upbeat and energizing music triggers emotional responses in the brain that’ll help you stay awake. Keep it on a quieter level too; having to pay more attention to instruments and voices will keep your brain alert.
- Keep in bright light. Natural daylight is best, however with some offices that’s difficult. If windows are scarce, step outside for a few minutes. It’ll make you feel like you’re supposed to be awake, and your mind will stay attentive!
- Chew something! Whether it’s gum, mints, or whatever else you can come up with; chew something. It’ll force you to stay awake, as you can’t fall asleep chewing!
- Trigger your sense of smell. Certain scents are supposed to help you stay awake. Rosemary, peppermint and eucalyptus are among a few. Find some candles, hand lotions or oils you can place around your work area.
- Eat and sleep well. Improving your overall health can greatly help with your body’s cycle. Getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night at consistent times and eating healthy will improve your physical energy.
- Exercise! Like eating and sleeping well, exercise will also help you tremendously. It’s hard to get to the gym after a long day, but it’s much needed. You’ll feel less lousy and sluggish during the day. Don’t have time? Here’s a few exercises you can do at your desk.
You know what else can help in the office? Comfy furniture! And lucky for you, RandMOffice.com has what you need. We offer the best (and cheapest) refurbished furniture in the Sacramento, CA area. Give us a call today or check out our services on our site.