Planning an efficient workspace — an ergonomic space — allows employees to focus on work. Ergonomic designs encourage creativity, foster productivity and facilitate a positive attitude that contributes to employee retention. This, in turn, will attract a higher quality future employee.
Here are a few things to consider when designing a highly efficient workspace that encourages work productivity:
- Provide a mixture of spaces so workers can sit at desks and tables of various heights, along with places to stand while working.
- Choose brand colors that show your brand.
- Use colors to help employees deliver desired outcomes. For example, blue helps workers stay calm and encourages productivity, while red helps workers pay attention to detail and work accurately.
- Include social spaces to encourage bonding and communication between workers. A production-only factory mentality actually stifles productivity.
- Allowing workers to design and decorate their own interior space encourages creativity and productivity.
- Incorporate elements of feng shui into the office interior. These elements are fire, earth, air and water.
- Create an interior design for reflecting and scheming. Some of your company’s best ideas may be created here.
- Build areas where introverts can work while others in the office enjoy the open office space.
- Plan areas near windows where workers can choose to work or encourage workers to work outdoors by constructing outdoor workspaces.
- Install white boards on the walls to encourage workers to brainstorm.
- Provide enough storage space for each worker. This allows them to free up their desk space for the work at hand while ensuring they have their supplies close at hand.
If you are in Sacramento County, California, or close by, then visit with the professionals at RandMOffice.com for all your office furniture needs.